Saturday, October 20, 2012

I♥IKAT

   Hey y'all! Is it just me or is there something really addictive about the Ikat pattern? AND PASTELS. That's why when I saw this phone cover in Sportsgirl a few weeks back I knew I needed to have it on my nails!


   From previous experience, I've learnt that it's so much easier to get the colours to pop (especially neons!) if you paint a base coat of white polish first. So I did that, then chose 6 pastel polishes to match the colour scheme of the mobile phone case. Spring's just arrived here in Australia so pastels are pretty much the GO-TO colours at the moment. Slap on those characteristic black lines on top of the pastels, et voilà!



   The first time in a long time I painted the same design on my right hand, albeit a simplified version (meaning I replaced the mini hearts on the ring finger and thumb with the simple ikat zigzag on the middle finger!) Disclaimer: Please don't pay too much attention to my unusually short right index nail. It snapped right across while I was out of the house and had no nail glue on me to fix it ): Now I've bought a second nail glue bottle to keep in my bag always! 


I've also had a request for a tutorial on these so that should be up soon as well! 

Toodles~









2 comments:

  1. Wow! Just Wow!!! This is amazing, going over to he tutorial now))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw shucks you're making me blush! thanks so much! xx

      Delete

I love reading all your comments, so don't be shy to drop a line, and say hello! (: