Saturday, December 15, 2012

Black Houndstooth

   Mornin' y'all! Everyone excited for the weekend? I know I am! Why, you ask? Because after working seven days straight I finally get 2 days off! haha

   So today, I have for you a pastel gradient topped with a black houndstooth design!


   I watched Chelsea's (from Get Nail-d) houndstooth tutorial on youtube and altered it to fit my design. Since I was using a pastel gradient as a backdrop I couldn't just use a black and white striper to create the squares, so instead i painted on the black squares individually, one by one. Then added the accents. It was a long and tedious process, but hey, totally worth it in my opinion! Seriously digging this look!


   OH and not wanting to neglect the pastel gradient underneath, here's a shot of it before I covered it all in houndstooth :P 


   My middle finger was the first nail I did the pattern on and the houndstooth turned out great! Unfortunately, I got restless and the rest turned out clumsy and fat ): ! haha but once you put them together, it's not TOO obvious, so I guess it's alright :D


   It was a pain drawing all those black square free hand! Take a closer look and some aren't even square, they look more like ovals! haha

2 comments:

  1. Cool post !!! I wanted to know how did you get your comment form message above the comments ?- Chic Out of Town Blog

    http://chicoutoftown.blogspot.com/#sthash.oBEYyjSu.dpbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Thanks for the comment (: Just head over to your blogger settings > Posts and Comments > and edit the "Comment Form Message" part. Hope that helps!

      Delete

I love reading all your comments, so don't be shy to drop a line, and say hello! (: