Hey y'all! So I have some exciting news :D I was nominated by Christine (from Christine's Nail Blog) and Natalia (from Polished Polyglot) for the Liebster award! Thanks so much ladies! This helps bloggers with less than 200 followers to be discovered.
The rules are to post 11 random facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you, and ask your 11 nominees 11 questions.
So 11 random facts about me:
1. I like to bake, and cook, especially dessert type foods that look pretty :P
or sushi, I love making my own sushi too.
2. I am a major dork. I read manga, and watch anime. I have an ongoing game subscription to World of Warcraft :P at one point I lived and breathed WoW.
3.My favourite colour is purple.
4. I own too many pairs of heels, and two pairs of shoes:
my canvas shoes and my work shoes.
5. I went through a phase where I loved GUESS and bought Guess bags that have since either been snatched up by my mum or are sitting in my cupboard collecting dust.
6. I own a purple hippo pillow pet, that I've named Mr. Huggable Hippo.
7. My toes are always painted either red, a dark pink or blue.
8. Sheldon Cooper is my favourite fictional TV character.
9. I'm a Whovian :P
10. I've patted a kangaroo, and seen a koala in real life.
11. I love theme parks.
Instead of bombarding your brains and answering 2 sets of 11 questions, I answered a few of each from both their questionnaire.
Recently, I went skydiving for a friend's birthday, and jumping out of that plane and going into freefall was pretty damn liberating. Saddest.. I'll get back to you on that lol
2. Where did you grow up?
Although I was born in the Philippines, I grew up in Sydney Australia.
3. Why nails?
Growing up I was never a girly girl, nor did I ever care for the state of my nails, hands or cuticles for that matter. But early this year I came across video tutorials on youtube for nail art and I was hooked. The notion of my fingernails as blank canvases for works of art intrigued me. Now, painting my nails is something I have to do, and pretty nail polish is something I have to buy!
4. What do you think about indie polish?
It's great that people have taken the initiative to create such wonderful creative concoctions and I support it 100%. But not every indie brand is for everyone, I find the brands with the type of polishes I like, and I buy them.
5. Did you have a nickname? How’d you get it?
My complete first name is Christine May, hence why almost everyone I know calls me May.
6. Three things you dislike...
Onions. Capsicum. Pickles.
7. What do you do for a living?
I'm still a University student living at home, working a casual job at Target (for 2 years now) to support myself and not depend on my parent too much.
8. Which place are you dreaming to travel to?
I would love to go travelling around south east asia!
9. What's your favourite movie and why?
From the top of my head, White Chicks. I can watch the rerun every year on TV and still laugh every time.
10. Snow or flip-flops for Christmas?
You know what they say, the grass is always greener on the other side! I live in Australia and I haven't ever seen snow, so yes, I'd love to experience a very white Christmas!
11. What is your greatest dream/aspiration?
To finally graduate University, get a full time job, travel a lot, then settle down and have kids. haha life plan right there.
Aaaaaand my 11 Questions for the awesome blogs I have nominated:
1. Who was the first (or one of the first) nail bloggers that you came across and loved?
2. Summer or Winter?
3. Do you have any pet peeves?
4. What's your most liked nail art trend? Disliked nail art trend?
5. Thoughts/ opinions on the "duck feet nails". 6. The colour you wear the most?
7. What's your guilty pleasure?
8. What are some of the things on your bucket list?
9. Is there anything else you collect other than nail polish :P
10. Do you eat oysters?
11. Would you consider doing nail art as a career?
And the blogs I nominate are: