Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pastel Leopard Print over Essence 'Sweet as Candy'



   First and foremost, I LOVE THIS ESSENCE POLISH (Sweet as Candy)! It is very sheer, and takes about 4-5 coats to even be remotely opaque, but it is so darn pretty and delicate, I can't help but love it!


   This photo's just from my mobile (regretted not taking a proper photo of it after *sigh), it looks pretty similar to the OPI Don't Burst My Bubble swatches I've been seeing lately. It felt like such a shame to cover this beauty with nail art.


   I used Essence Bloom-a-loom, Ulta3 Corsican Rose and Soft Hydrangea, and Sinful Colors Black on Black for the leopard print. For the two accent fingers, I just used 2-3 thin coats of Australis Shimmy Shake.




   Annnnnd, just because I feel the need to sulk:


   Not even 24 hours after top coating this mani, disaster struck. My index finger nail broke at work ): ...I thought this was bad, but a week passes and I'm back at work again, then BAM another break ARGHHHH


   Look at my poor poor index finger ): now I have such uneven nail lengths ): I am seriously a stickler for even nail lengths, but my right hand takes ages (and I mean AGES) to grow so I thought I'd wait it out until they're somewhat longer before I even them all out again *exasperatedsigh

3 comments:

  1. are you reading eragon?? :D
    I also hate when my nails break, the other day I cutted half of my index fingernail and now I have a extremely short nail and I can't paint them D:
    I love the leopard print, by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started it.. but I have this horrible habit of starting books and then forgetting about them. So I haven't finished it yet haha

      Delete

I love reading all your comments, so don't be shy to drop a line, and say hello! (: